Yakima River Guided Fly Fishing Trips
Red's Fly Shop is the premier guide service, lodge, and outfitter on the Yakima River.
The Yakima River is in Washington State about 2 hours east of Seattle in the rain-shadow of the Cascade Mountains. The Yakima is Washington's only Blue Ribbon River and is a popular day trip for anglers from the Seattle area, although many guests elect to stay at Canyon River Ranch Lodge which is next door to Red's Fly Shop and Canyon River Grill. The Yakima is considered a "Big Western" style river and attracts anglers from all over the world wanting to pursue a high quality floating and fly fishing experience.
Call for Reservations (509) 933-2300
- 8+ Hour Full Day Trip: $450, March 1st - Nov. 15th
- 4-5 Hour Half Day Trip: $360, March 1st - Nov. 15th
- Winter Rate: $350, Nov. 16th - Feb. 28th (Includes Lunch)
- Single Angler Full Day Trip: $375, March 1st - Nov. 15th
- WE DO NOT SELL FISHING LICENSES, sorry for the all caps but we need to get your attention. Use this link to purchase your Washington State Fishing License in advance prior to your trip. Get the "freshwater" license and you will not be fishing for Steelhead or Salmon.
- Prices are based on double occupancy.
- A 3rd Angler may be added to the boat for an additional $150.
- All prices are subject to 8% WA State sales tax.
Twilight Highlight 2 Day/1 Night Trips
- Day 1 - Meet in the afternoon, most often you will fish till dark and eat dinner on the river.
- Price includes lodging at Canyon River Lodge
- Day 2 - Up early to beat the heat and get the best dry fly bite. Some type of brunch or lunch will be served on the river.
- Anglers may want to bring some snack type food, but the guides will provide a light meal on both floats.
- Price based on Double Occupancy.
Yakima River Trips Include
- Flies, tippet, and small tackle
- Fly Rods and Reels (bring your own if you have them however, its always sweeter catching trout on your own gear!)
- Shuttle service while fishing in the Yakima Canyon
- Full Day/Twilight Highlight trips include a riverside lunch
- Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Lunches may be added to Half Day Trips upon request
- Waders and boots available for rent
What is the guide trip like on the Yakima River?
80+ Miles of Endless Fly Fishing Adventure on the Yakima River
The Yakima begins on the Cascade crest above the town of Cle Elum as a relatively small mountain river. In this alpine area, it flows gin clear through a forest dominated by towering firs and pine trees. We call this the "Upper River".As it continues East towards Ellensburg, it takes on an appearance more characteristic of a prairie stream, with a Cottonwood river bottom and lots of braided channels. This is called the "Farmlands".
Approximately 3 miles South of Ellensburg, the Cottonwoods and Timothy hay fields transition into the high sage brush hills and steep basalt walls of the famous "Lower Canyon".