The Twilight Highlight is a 2 Day, 1 Night guided fly fishing and lodging package that we think is the best value in the country. During the summer it is a "low light" fishing opportunity on one of the most productive sections of trout river in the country, the Yakima River Canyon. The itinerary is setup to beat the heat, avoid the crowds, and give you the best possible fly fishing experience at a fabulous price.
In the spring it is a great way to get out of town for a quick overnight and a couple of productive days on the water. To achieve the best possible fishing we don't fish as late or start as early. Mid-day is typically most productive.
Details and Cost:
- $539 per person
- Based on double occupancy
- Non angling companions may stay in your room at no additional cost (no food service is provided for non-angling companions).
- Prices include lodging, fishing, dinner, and brunch. We encourage you to bring some bars and snack food along for the ride.
- June 15th - September 15th (fishing times are 4 pm - 9 pm - Day 1, 6 am - 11 am - Day 2)
- April 15th - June 15th (fishing times are 2 pm - 7 pm Day 1, 9 am - 2 pm - Day 2)
- SORRY, but we do not sell FISHING LICENSES, apologies for the all caps but we needed to get your attention. Use this link to purchase your Washington State Fishing License in advance prior to your trip. Get the "freshwater" license and you will not be fishing for Steelhead or Salmon.
We combine quality drift boat dry fly fishing, spectacular riverside lodging at Canyon River Ranch, a riverside steak dinner, brunch on the river, and hopefully plenty of good sized Rainbow and Cutthroat Trout. This itinerary is all about fishing!
It is no secret to veteran Yakima River anglers that fishing late and early are the way to go in June - August. Our most popular summer itinerary is the Twilight Highlight trip. We fish late in the evening, early in the morning, and it is designed for the angler that wants to experience the BEST Yakima River dry fly fishing possible. In the coming weeks, we will experience the Yakima River's most important hatch, the Summer Stonefly. It is a large bug and makes for awesome dry fly fishing at dawn and dusk because it is nocturnal. The Twilight Highlight program allows you to fish till dark the first day and start at dawn on Day 2. It makes great use of your time and is loaded with value.
"The Yakima River Summer Stonefly. The males don't have functional wings! This means that to travel... they have to skitter across the river which is good for the trout and trout fishing!"
Summer Itinerary, June 15th - August 31st
Day 1 - Arrive at the fly shop and check into the lodge about 3 pm. You can even come early and go for a swim in the pool. Your guide will have you fishing at 4 pm for an evening float with a riverside BBQ dinner. We fish till 9 - 9:30 pm to take full advantage of the great evening hatches that occur at dusk in the Yakima Canyon. Its all about the golden hour!
"Shore lunch for a couple of guide boats on a Twilight Highlight. Steak dinner on the river... YES PLEASE!"
Day 2 - We start early in the morning to get started before the sun gets high and the fishing slows down, usually we start at 6 am. The early morning floats on the Yakima River are peaceful, productive, devoid of traffic (especially midweek!), and wildlife is abundant. If you enjoy seeing bighorn sheep, deer, beavers, mink, and unique birds and general wildlife then an early morning float is perfect for you. You will never forget it. The guide will serve a riverside brunch sometime mid-morning.
Typically, you will arrive back at the lodge between 11 am and noon. You may request a late checkout at the lodge desk if you don't want to pack up in the morning.
LODGING AT CANYON RIVER RANCH
Spacious 2 Bedroom Suites, Pool, and Hot Tub!
If you have never had the pleasure of staying at Canyon River Ranch resort you are missing out. It is located riverside in the heart of the Yakima Canyon, this gives us endless water upstream to float and fish and 8 miles of the best trout fishing water the PNW has to offer downstream of our lodge. On our Twilight Highlight trips we often float directly to and from the lodge! This makes great use of your time and an experience to remember.
All Canyon River Ranch Lodge Suites Offer:
- One full bathroom with tub and shower and one half-bath
- Two bedrooms, one with a queen bed, and the other with two extra-long twins
- Fully appointed kitchen with solid granite counters and stainless steel appliances
- Full-sized refrigerator with freezer
- Washer and dryer
- DishNetwork HD cable, DVD/Blu Ray Players
- Fiber optic high-speed Internet access
- Flat-panel HD television with Blue Ray Player
- Individual climate control
- Gas fireplace
- Private patio or veranda with outdoor seating
- Exterior lock box with combination for convenient key storage
Deposit and Cancellation Policy:
At the time of reservation Red's will collect a 50% deposit of the trip cost. Cancellations made by the customer less than 24 hours from the start time, or failure to show, will forfeit 50% of the total cost. If you cancel more than 24 hours from the start time, you may reschedule or request a refund - 5% to cover processing fees and labor. If Red's decides to cancel the event due to adverse conditions the customer may request a full refund.