The World's Best Trout Fishing
2018 The Best of Kamchatka
*Flights are from Anchorage, AK to PetropavlovskJuly 23rd, and July 30th
1 Spot Left!
Joe Rotter from Red's Fly Shop will be personally be hosting our first trip to Russia which has been said to be the "World's Best Rainbow Trout Fishing". This is a wonderful opportunity to travel with a highly experienced angler and fly fishing mentor. During this week of July the goal is target trophy Rainbows on mouse patterns and streamers. We will certainly spend time using Trout Spey tackle in addition to traditional single hand rods. You can leave your egg patterns at home! We have chosen the Ozernaya River Camp because of its reputation and straightforward logistics.
How Do We Get There?
Flights will connect to from Anchorage, Alaska to Petropavlovsk, Kamchatka on Yakutia Air and will be available to purchase and confirm in November/December 2017. The flight from Anchorage to Petro departs at 7:30 am (AK Time), so anglers will need to be in Anchorage the night before. The flight is +/- 4.5 hours.
Once on the ground in Petro, we'll be picked up for a 3 hour van ride to meet our Mi-8 helicopter. We'll fly, land for fuel, and then fly directly to the Ozernaya River Camp and your home for a week of the world's best Rainbow Trout Fishing! We plan to get out fishing that afternoon after we unpack.
On departure day we'll travel from camp to Petro, and fly back to Anchorage and connect with your flight home all in one day. No overnights are required on the return trip.
About Fishing at the Ozernaya River Camp
Food, Drink, and Communication
- Russian Visa (Red's will help you with this)
- A valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining are required.
- We STRONGLY encourage the purchase of medical evacuation and trip insurance.
- MedJet Assist is our endorsed provider for medical evacuation insurance
- Trip Insurance is available through TravelGuard
- Six Nights Lodging at the Ozernaya Camp
- 6 Days of Guided Fly Fishing
- Round-trip bus and helicopter transportation from Petropavlovsk to the Ozernaya Camp
- All meals at Ozernaya Camp
- All non-alcoholic beverages plus a limited supply of beer and vodka for the week
- Airfare to Anchorage, Alaska (ANC)
- Airfare from Anchorage, Alaska (ANC) to Petropavlovsk, Russia (PKC)
- Hotel accommodations, meals and transfers in Anchorage (if necessary)
- Flies and terminal tackle
- Rods, reels, waders, boots and all other fishing equipment
- Russian fishing license +/- $100 per person
- Gratuities for guides and camp staff (payable in U.S. dollars)
- Russian Travel Visa
- Travel Insurance