Wade Fishing With Instruction
Time to go fishing!We have three options for a Fly Fishing adventure that you will learn how to approach a stream on your own. Students need their own rods, flies, leaders, and wading gear.
- "The Final Step" Fly Fishing Adventure - $300 total for 1-3 people. The guide will take you to a small stream of his choice June - October, or the Yakima River October - May. This outing can be custom scheduled at almost any time so there is no need find a class date. We prefer weekdays for these adventures if possible and if there is a specific stream you would like to fish, we'll try to take you there depending on the guide's knowledge of that particular fishery.
- Destination Outing Fly Fishing Classes - $99 per student. These are hosted on various streams throughout Central Washington, just take a look at our calendar to see what we offer each month. The guide/instructor will teach you many things and there is nothing like having a paid mentor alongside you.
- Fly Fishing 301 - Wading the Yakima River Class - $99 per student. We have select dates for these classes and are specific to the Yakima River.
All of these courses are designed as the final step for students that have come through our Fly Fishing 101 and 201 courses, or folks that have done some casting, have the gear, but need some 1:1 mentor-ship on how to fly fish a stream.
Our course that is based on the Yakima River is a great way to learn both practical fly fishing skills, and the nuances of wade fishing the Yakima Canyon. The Yakima is a big challenging river, but our instructors have spent many years here and we will detail out exactly how, when, where, and why to approach the Yakima River for success. You will be able to replicate these ideas and techniques on any river, so there is immense value to this specific class. This course consists of a short indoor seminar, some quick casting refreshers, and on river wading techniques and demonstration. The goal is that you can replicate the experience you have with our guide completely on your own with confidence and success.
Fly Fishing 301 Wade Fishing the Yakima River
You will meet at the fly shop and go through a brief orientation. The instructor will make sure everyone has what they need and you will head for the river. The class will caravan to several different access sites learning and fishing at various points along the river. The class is officially about 4 hours long, students may stay on the river and fish the balance of the day on their own. The focus of the class is definitely on learning, you have the rest of your life to put this new knowledge to good use!
Cost and Class Details for Fly Fishing 301 Class
- View the Class Schedule
- $99 per person, call 509.933.2300
- Or... Pick Your Own Date!
*Groups of 4 or more may request their own date
- Call for Reservations! (509) 933-2300
Class Topics Include:
- Line Mending and Presentation - advanced upon the 201 lessons.
- Streamer Fishing - strip, swing, dead drift.
- Indicator Nymphing - various techniques defined and demonstrated.
- Upstream Dry Fly Presentations
- Dry Fly and Dropper Nymph Combo Strategies
- Fly Selection - what you really need to know and MUST HAVE flies!
- Wading Safety
- Where, When, and How to fish the Yakima River Canyon and similar streams
- Hatches and Seasons on the Yakima River
- Approach Strategies, how to approach the water and pick your angles.
- Fish handling & Release
- Gear - see what the guides and advanced anglers really use.
- Ask Anything! - we will answer tough questions and demonstrate techniques you are curious about.
This Sounds FUN! What Should I Bring?
- Fly rod and reel, you can rent or buy on the day of the class.
- Visor or hat
- Jacket (class is outside)
- Flies, you will be able to purchase the right flies for the class that very same day
- Waders and Boots, you can rent or buy on the day of the class.
- All of your fly fishing gear... you will go fishing!