Celebrate National Public Lands Day!
National Public Lands Day/Sporting Clays Shootout
Celebrate National Public Lands Day!
September 30th - 10 am - 4 pm at Red's Fly Shop and Canyon River Ranch!
On September 30th we're hosting a FREE event for sportsmen and their families. You can learn all about getting started as a hunter and we'll have a fantastic fly fishing seminar as well that you don't want to miss. Joe Rotter of Red's will give you some great ideas and encouragements on how, where, and when to fly fish many public waters in central Washington.
We want to teach you HOW to get out there and enjoy our public lands with gun, rod, or bow. We will have a fun Sporting Clays Tournament and more seminars than you can handle.
Public Land Hunting and Fishing Seminars
- Public Water Fly Fishing Destinations in Central Washington with Joe Rotter
- Prepare for Your First Big Game Hunting with Aaron Kuntz
- Get Started Waterfowl Hunting with Curtis Frisbie
- Predator Hunting Strategies with Ron Stiffler
- Spring Turkey Hunting Basics with Rich Mann
- Intro to Archery Hunting/Backcountry Hunting with Joe Rotter
- Use WDFW's Go Hunt to Discover Public Land Access with Aaron Garcia
- Training Your Upland Bird Dog with Alex Rivas
- Cook Pheasants and Wild Game RIGHT with Chef Jed
- *Follow the Official Events Page for Seminar Times to Be Formalized Soon!
National Public Lands Day
September 30th is National Public Lands Day and we invite you to celebrate the fact that WE have 640 million acres of public land. Join us at our resort in the Yakima River Canyon to learn more about where to hunt and fly fish in our great state and better utilize the wonderful public lands that we all own. Remember YOU ARE A PUBLIC LAND OWNER!
Entry to the event is free and there will be lots of seminars, a sporting clays tournament, WDFW sponsored youth pheasant hunt, food, beer, and much more so just stay tuned to the official Event Page on Facebook for updates and details as the date approaches.
Hunter's Education Training
Fly fishing and hunting go nearly hand-in-hand at Red's Fly Shop. Both groups need each other to help preserve the wild lands both groups enjoy and protect them for the use and enjoyment of future generations.
As a way to support the next generation Red's has started hosting formal Hunter's Education Courses in conjunction with Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. As a Friday night kick-off to the event, we are doing a Field Skills Evaluation for students that have completed the online course and exam. Please direct any inquiries to WDFW's Hunter Education Website.
Friday September 29th - WDFW Hunter's Education Field Skills Evaluation for the Online Course
In addition helping WDFW with the certification process, we also teach wingshooting classes and private shooting lessons.
Sporting Clays Tournament and the Red's Shootout
Check in at the sporting clays course, just south of Red's Fly Shop on the hill. Pay cash the morning of, or pay at the shop and bring your receipt up to the course to get your score card and ammo. Shooters will earn prizes for breaking colored "Jackpot" targets throughout the shoot. Completed score cards will be drawn as raffle tickets @ Canyon River Ranch for door prizes!
- 8AM Start
- 10AM Start
- 12PM Start
*simply show up at the course entrance at your desired start time
- $25/Per Shooter
- 50 Target Round
- Steel Shot Ammo Required (Not Included)
- Ammo Available For Purchase @ Red's Fly Shop
- $10/Box (20GA & 12GA Available)
- Guided Pheasant Hunt
- Rafting Trip For 6 People
- Lodging @ Canyon River Ranch
- Dinner @ Canyon River Grill
- Cast & Blast Lessons
- Sporting Clay Rounds
- Free Appetizers @ Canyon River Grill
- Misc. Door Prizes
Public Land Fly Fishing Seminar by Joe Rotter
Come listen to Joe Rotter describe in detail some of the best PUBLIC WATER fly fishing destinations in Central Washington, other than the Yakima Canyon haha! These are DIY destinations that you can go fish, without a guide, on public land. Most don't require a boat.
Public Land Hunting Seminars
- -Waterfowl Hunting Seminar
- -Chukar Hunting Seminar
- -How to Find Public Lands in Central Washington
- -Washington Big Game Hunting
- -Predator Hunting/Calling
- -Intro to Archery Hunting
Other Seminars and Attractions
- -Turkey Hunting Seminar
- -Bird Dog Training Seminar
- -Wild Came Cooking
- -Pheasant Processing
- -Animal ID Game for the Kid's... big kids welcome too :)
- -Red's Chukar Hunting Club Table