Lessons on Rowing Drift Boats and Personal Watercaft
Get Your Hands On Some Oars!
Rowing a river boat is a fun way to experience some adventure. We'll get you trained up quickly by getting you rowing for a few hours on your very first outing.
You won't find a better crew and location to learn the skills necessary to row and manage both drift boats, rafts, and personal watercrafts. Our lessons are personal, professional, and most importantly will get you rowing enough in a single outing to get confident.
These lessons can be scheduled almost anytime. We prefer weekdays if possible so that there is minimal other traffic on the river to contend with.
What Will the Guide/Instructor Cover?
We'll teach you all the basics from putting boats in the water at the launch, to taking the boat out of the water at day's end. When it comes to rivers... there are lots of opportunities to fumble and our goal will be to let you learn from our past mistakes.
- Put ins
- Take outs
- General safety
- Proper rowing form
- Hazzard evasion
- How to avoid "catching" an oar
- Reading the river
- How to "take" a rock in the event you will bump into something
- Common mistakes
Rowing Lessons Include:
- 4 hours of on the water training - Pick your own date! These are not prescheduled, call and book your lesson by calling (509) 933-2300
- Training can be for drift boats, rafts, or personal watercrafts
- You may bring your own boat.
- Shuttle service included.
- Boat(s) if necessary - No additional cost.
- Max 2:1 ratio
- No fishing. We'll concentrate exclusively on learning to row boats and making the most out of your investment.
- $300 per outing
- Up to 2 Students (1 or 2 rowers is the same price)
- Price based on double occupancy
Deposit and Cancellation Policy:
Our goal is to make scheduling adventures with Red's stress free and fair for everyone involved. Cancellations made by the customer less than 24 hours from the start time, or failure to show, will forfeit 50% of the total cost. If you cancel more than 24 hours from the start time, you may reschedule or request a refund - 5% to cover processing fees and labor. If Red's decides to cancel the event due to adverse conditions the customer may request a full refund.