Christmas Island Trip to the Ikari House
May 29th - June 5th, 2018 with Host Steve Joyce - FULL!
7 Nights/6 Days of Fishing - $2950 per angler
*Dates listed include travel days to/from Honolulu
Ikari House Voted #1 Lodge on Christmas Island by Trip Advisor!
Join us on this special adventure to The Ikari Christmas Island. The great Lefty Kreh has described Christmas Island as "the best Bonefish fishing on the planet..." He would know! Come see for yourself. The Ikari House is known for offering great guides, food, wonderful lodging, and emphasizes Bonefish as the angler's primary target. They have very nice boats that travel fast and efficiently between flats helping the angler maximize their time on the water.
The Red's Fly Shop team will be sure that you are properly booked, prepared, and organized on what is the "trip of a lifetime" for many anglers. Using our service and a host is a great way to make your experience the best it can be. Our hosts are very experienced saltwater anglers and will insure that you have a top shelf experience by offering mentorship, advice, and organizing the daily fishing schedule.
This is one of the most famous fly fishing destinations in the world and this is your chance to sign up for this trip with a host that is going to travel alongside you for the entire week. You book with us and fish with us!
This is an amazing adventure where there are many species to target including world class Bonefish, Giant Trevally, Blue Fin Trevally, and about a dozen other species.
- Pre Trip - Fly into Honolulu Hawaii the day before the trip
- Day 1 - Fly to Christmas Island - Check into the lodge mid-day, prep gear and your host will give an orientation and help get everyone set up over a cold drink.
- Days 2 - 7 - Fishing Long Days
- Day 8 - Transport to the airport that morning, fly to Honolulu, layover, fly home. Allow a minimum of 2 hours in Honolulu to clear customs.
- Fishing and casting seminars prior to departure hosted at Red's
- 2:1 Guide Ratio, one guide will walk and circulate between two anglers offering coaching and 1:1 assistance at times.
- 1:1 Guide Ratio available for an additional $150 per day
- Bluewater fishing by request at no additional charge
- Complete gear planning and personal shopping
- Personally hosted by Red's Fly Shop
- 7 Nights and 6 Full Days of Guided Flats Fishing
- All meals at the lodge
- Airport pickup once on the ground in Christmas Island
- Beer, Wine, etc.
- Fishing License ($50 +/-)
- Hotel in Honolulu and any Airport Shuttles
- Gratuities, laundry services
- A few other misc. expenses
- Flies, leaders, gear, etc.
Payment and Deposit Policies
A 50% deposit is due within 10 days of the reservation. We accept checks, PayPal, and credit cards. Credit cards are subject to a 3% processing surcharge. Final payments are due 60 days from the departure date. For all trips scheduled less than 60 days out, full payment is required upon reservation. We recommend purchasing trip insurance and a medical evacuation policy for these trips.
For all Reds Fly Shop travel adventures, both deposits and final payments are non-refundable unless a client is replaced. i.e. you (or we) can find someone to take your spot. Both your deposit and final payment can be transferred to another client for the same trip. Red's Fly Shop reserves the right to apply a $100 processing fee for itinerary changes.
Giant Trevally Fishing on Christmas Island
GT's are amazing fish, and catching a fast cruiser on the open flats that is spotted and sight cast to is a very special catch! You will never forget it. On our trips we don't use chum to lure the fish in close, lodge policy. We work hard and try to catch these brutes "fair chase". Catch numbers of these beasts are not high and we want to keep expectations realistic for every angler that comes along. All anglers will get shots at big GT's while wading the flats. Not everyone will get one however.
There are other lodges and other trips willing to chum them in, but this is not one of those trips. We tend to find that a "no chum" policy on our trips binds anglers together with shared values and everyone has a fun time. Because of this the "fair chase" anglers won't have to listen to the "chummers" talking about all the fish they caught that day over dinner!
If and when an angler is fortunate enough to land a big GT we will all celebrate. If you don't get one, that is ok too! We have a tendency on our trips to celebrate pretty much everything. We simply encourage anglers to do it right and fish without chum. If you share these sentiments then this trip is for you.