Bird Hunting Annual Memberships
2018 Annual Memberships Still Available
Membership Includes Access to 2 Ranches
- Mt. Baldy Ranch - Yakima River Canyon, WA
- Saddle Mountain Ranch - Mattawa, WA
Red's Fly Shop leases over 50,000 acres of prime ranch ground in Eastern Washington. While our main quarry is the Chukar partridge that lives atop the high rimmed basalt ridges surrounding the sage brush plateaus, we also encounter Valley Quail, Huns, and Pheasants. A benefit to the Red's member program is that these properties have very good vehicle access throughout, enabling hunters to plan much easier hikes if that is their desire. The birds tend to spend a lot of time on the flats as opposed to the steep rocky hillsides in the relatively un-pressured private setting. An attractive feature of the bird hunting program is the opportunity to run dogs on birds for 9 months of the year. While many of our members main goal is to hunt wild birds, the 1000 acre preserve is perfect to get their dogs out and into shape before the wild bird season opens, and also a great way to extend their season into the Spring when most hunters put the kennels on the top shelf of the attic for the season.
Members May Reserve Pheasants Online
Each individual may bring immediate family members and /or one guest each time out, so long as they hunt together. Additional guests are allowed based on daily availability and subject to a $100 access fee.
Annual Membership Inclusions:
- August 1st - March 31st is Membership Season
- Wild bird hunting limited to posted WDFW hunting seasons
- Unlimited access to wild bird hunting on 15,000 acres of private leased ground
- 9 month access to the Red's hunting preserve for holdovers (released pheasants)
- Released birds available for $15 per Chukar, $27.50 per pheasant (retail = $47.50)
- Each member issued a "play book" at beginning of season - very specific info to other hunt options in the area - from pheasants in Ea WA to huns and Quail in N WA Predator hunting access on a per day basis (must request permission - no free reign)
The Red's wild bird program is limited and currently has a waiting list. Call to reserve your 2018 spot now!