Baja Mexico Sea of Cortez - Couples Fishing Trips
5 Nights Lodging, 4 Days Guided Fishing
Payments: Online payments or credit cards are subject to additional finance charges. To make reservations and arrange deposits by check, please call our shop at (509) 933-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We be stay at La Mision Hotel in Loreto Mexico. This is a luxurious, but affordable getaway for couples. The itinerary outlined encourages flexibility to add activities, relax with a book, or lounge at the pool. The gals are welcome to accompany their husbands or significant others as ride alongs on the fishing boats as many days as they would like for a minimal upcharge (extra lunch, drinks, and tip). Couples wishing to book fishing as an exclusive activity (the only 2 anglers in the boat) are subject to the additional fee.
This trip is hosted by Steve and Natalie Joyce, and Joe and Kelly Rotter. We'll be along on this trip to coordinate the itinerary and make sure everything runs smoothly.
- Ocean view suite for 5 nights at La Mision Hotel
- 4 days guided fishing - associated fees and pairing based on double occupancy (1 slot per couple)
- Lunch on fishing boats
- One day we'll quit fishing early (noon) and meet at Coronado Island for a group happy hour
- Airport transfers
- 1 massage per couple at the hotel. Schedule it anytime during the stay.
- Airfare to Loreto
- Fishing licenses and bait (pay cash at dock each day)
- Food (except guide lunches)
- All drinks
- Additional "exclusive" fishing days
CASH Necessary (estimated per couple) American dollars are universally accepted. Some small bills are desirable. This is handy for small item expenses.
- Gratuities: $350 (includes guides and staff)
- $600 for food, drinks
- Shopping, most shops don't accept Credit Cards
- TOTAL RECOMMENDED: $1200 *this is a baseline estimate; it never hurts to bring more.
Alaska Airlines flies into Loreto, with the lag from LA being a Horizon flight. We love flying on Horizon airlines because the planes are always clean, comfortable, and who does't like the complimentary beer and wine service? Here are the host's flight number in/out of Seattle for your convenience.
Saturday, June 23rd, 2018
- Alaska 404 Departs Seattle (SEA) 6:00 am
- Alaska 244 Departs Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 10:10 am
- Arrive in Loreto, Mexico at 1:10 pm
Thursday, June 28th, 2018
- Alaska 253 Departs Loreto, Mexico (LTO) 2:15 pm
- Alaska 457 Departs Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 5:30 pm
- Arrive in Seattle, WA at 7:48 pm
We have arranged for special rates at the nicest and best Hotel in Loreto. While there is a great restaurant at the hotel, it is a short walk to the main plaza for other restaurants and shopping, and also the marina where we meet the fishing boats. Rooms are based on double occupancy (one couple per room), and all rooms are ocean view suites. Only the best for our loved ones!
DAILY ITINERARY FOR LORETO COUPLES TRIP:
ARRIVAL DAY: Check into hotel, poolside happy hour, dinner
DAY 1: Fish 6 am - 2 pm; Significant others (SO's) can accompany or stay in. Massage (schedule when convenient), pool 2 pm poolside group happy Hour, 7 pm Dinner
DAY 2: Fish 6 am - noon then meet the group at Coronado Island for private beachfront Happy Hour! SO's accompany fishing boats this day. Return to Hotel 2 pm, Dinner 7 pm
DAY 3: Fish 6 am - 2 pm or stay in and explore shops in Loreto, sit by pool, take the massage.... poolside group happy hour, dinner at 7 pm
DAY 4: Fish 6 am - 2 pm, or sleep in and enjoy the morning! Poolside group Happy hour, dinner 7 pm
DEPARTURE DAY: Checkout at 11 am, lunch, shuttle to airport
Fishing Gear/Packing List:
- 9' 12 weight rod for Marlin, Roosterfish, Big Dorado (#12 Rod is Optional)
- 12 weight sinking line
- 300 yards backing (Hatch 68 lb recommended)
- 2 dozen assorted sardine and shrimp flies – most with weighted eyes
- 30, 40, 50, 100 lb RIO Saltwater Tippet
- 9' 10 weight rod w/ sinking line and floating line for Dorado, Bonita, Roosters, Jacks (10 Weight Rod is ESSENTIAL)
- 4 large Poppers
- Saltwater Pliers
- Polarized Sunglasses: Amber/ Copper best all around
- Sun screen
- (2-4) Long sleeved fishing shirts (Solar flex or button downs)
- (2-3) Quick dry pants
- Comfortable shoes/ flip flops for wearing on the deck
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Book to read for afternoon beach time
- Fly tying vise for afternoon beach time
- (2-3) Lodge shirts (dinner wear)
- (2) pairs Lodge pants
- Bug repellent
- Personal medications
- Fishing Hat
- Flip flops/ beach shoes for walking the beach
- Binoculars for island exploration
- Dry bag for boat
- Lightweight rain jacket
- Fishing gloves with stripping finger protection
Payment and Deposit Policy
Payment in full is due within 10 days of the reservation. We accept checks, PayPal, and credit cards. Credit cards are subject to a 3% processing surcharge. Final payments are due 60 days from the departure date. For all trips scheduled less than 60 days out, full payment is required upon reservation. We recommend purchasing trip insurance and a medical evacuation policy for these trips.
For all Reds Fly Shop travel adventures, both deposits and final payments are non-refundable unless a client is replaced. i.e. you (or we) can find someone to take your spot. Both your deposit and final payment can be transferred to another client for the same trip. Red's Fly Shop reserves the right to apply a $100 processing fee for itinerary changes.